About Nightline Association
Nightlines are confidential and anonymous listening services run by students, for students. They provide peer-to-peer support at night when other services are often closed. Nightline services cover over 100 universities and colleges across the UK thanks to the efforts of over 2,500 trained student volunteers.
The Nightline Association is the umbrella charity that provides support, guidance and quality assurance for Nightline services across the UK. The Association is run almost entirely by volunteers whose energy, skills and passion are the driving force of supporting and developing the Nightline movement.
Your primary responsibility is providing admin support for the Finance and Risk Management Committees including production of meeting papers, taking minutes and liaising with volunteers across the charity to review or follow up on actions.
You will sit within the Governance Team, whose role is to support good governance within the Nightline Association and support the Central Services department with the onboarding of new volunteers & Trustees.
There will also be the opportunity to support a number of key governance projects within the organisation, depending on your own availability and interest.
The Governance team is within the Central Service department, along with the Appointments, Finance and Volunteer Development teams. Your line manager will be the Governance Team Lead and you will also receive support from the Head of Central Services.
|Role:||Risk & Finance Administrator|
|Location:||Remote working, open to applicants across the UK|
|Accountable to:||Governance Team Lead|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on providing admin support to your allocated Association meetings
- Finance Committee (once a month, Thursday evenings online)
- Risk Management Committee (once every 3 months, Wednesday evening online)
- Take clear and detailed minutes of discussions at meetings including agreed actions and provide the Chair of the meeting with these minutes within an agreed timeframe.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality about matters discussed at meetings.
- Inform the chair of the meeting and Governance Team Lead as soon as possible if you will be unable to attend a meeting.
- In partnership with the Trustees, responsible for the maintenance of the charity’s legal register of members.
- Work on and support wider Governance projects and tasks as agreed with the Governance Team Lead.
- Respond to governance queries on behalf of the Association with support from Trustees.
- Opportunity to facilitate and support delivery of sessions at Nightline conferences.
- Work with other teams to develop policies, templates and other resources for the Nightline Association and member Nightlines.
- Ability to summarise discussions concisely while including all necessary detail
- Self motivated, organised and able to work to agreed deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team
- Capable of remote working effectively
- Understanding of the need to maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Experience taking minutes of meetings
- Familiarity with Google Workspace
- Interest in Governance, Risk and Compliance
As a rough guide, we usually expect volunteers to commit to an average of 1-2 hours of volunteering per week. We always seek to promote a healthy balance with your other commitments, so volunteering can be flexible to suit your needs.
You are expected to run online team meetings roughly once a month, conduct regular one-to-ones with your team, and to keep up to date with your emails and messages on Slack. The Nightline Association also has three away days each year which you are encouraged to attend when you can.