About Nightline Association
Nightlines provide an anonymous and confidential listening and information service, run by students for students at their university. They work to improve student mental health and wellbeing and are open at night when no other university welfare services are available. Nightline services now cover over 100 universities and colleges, or over 1.5 million students, across the UK thanks to an incredible team of over 2,500 trained student volunteers.
The Nightline Association is the registered charity that supports, promotes and develops Nightlines. Nightline Association is run entirely by volunteers, who get to play a hands-on operational and strategic role in the running of a national charity. By volunteering for the Nightline Association you will not only gain more awareness of the work of the Association and the charity sector, you will also gain transferable skills and make new friends.
The purpose of your role is to help deliver our core Google Workspace service to the Nightline Association and affiliated Nightline services.
You will sit within the IT Department in the Support & Infrastructure Team, whose purpose is to deliver critical services to Nightline Association volunteers and departments, provide the technology Nightlines rely on and help the public discover and interact with Nightlines.
Your line manager will be the IT Support & Infrastructure Team Lead.
|Role:||Voluntary role, travel expenses reimbursed|
|Location:||Remote working, open to applicants across the UK|
|Accountable to:||IT Support & Infrastructure Team Lead|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage our Google Workspace instance, including creating, editing and archiving users and groups. Ideally, also being responsible for Google Workspace configuration.
- Responding to support requests from Nightline Association volunteers, staff and members of affiliated Nightlines.
- Create and maintain internal and external Google Workspace guidance.
- Regularly check your emails and team messages, and respond to messages addressed directly to you in a timely manner.
- Keep your line manager informed of your progress, any issues or concerns, and any upcoming periods of absence.
- Keep your tasks up to date on the task tracking system (Jira).
- Attend online department meetings once a month.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace’s consumer-facing suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive and Gmail)
- Capable of remote working effectively
- Effective communication skills
- Strong IT literacy
- Understanding of and commitment to the Association’s values and to supporting and developing the Nightline community
- Providing helpdesk and/or technical support
- Experience with Google Workspace Admin
- Prior experience with a Nightline service and/or the Nightline Association
- Using issue tracking systems (we use Jira)
- Writing guidance for a non-technical audience
As a rough guide, we usually expect volunteers to commit to an average of 1-2 hours of volunteering per week. We always seek to promote a healthy balance with your other commitments, so volunteering can be flexible to suit your needs.
You are expected to attend online team meetings roughly once a month, and to keep up to date with your emails and messages on Slack. The Nightline Association also has three away days each year which you are encouraged to attend when you can.